Will Schrimshaw is an artist and musician. He completed his Ph.D. at Newcastle University (Architecture and Philosophy). He is Senior Lecturer in Music and Sound at Edge Hill University. His primary interests are in sound, materialism and realism in the arts, FLOSS culture, electronic and algorithmic music. He has published, exhibited and performed widely.
- 09:04:18 Performance, Martini Elettrico, Conservatorio di Musica, Bologna.
- 14:06:17 - 18:06:17 Exhibition: Continuity and Contingency, Edge Hill University.
- 14:06:17 Performance: Live code performance, Edge Hill University.
- 05:06:16 Talk: Immersion and Exit Strategies, PAF, PS3 The Stubbornness of the Empirical, St. Erme, France.
- 02:06:16 Talk: Materialism and Realism in Sound Studies, Sound Art Matters, Aarhus University, Denmark.
- 08:01:16 - 18:01:16 Pure Potential Residency, III Initiative, Den Haag.
- 16:01:16 Performance: Will Schrimshaw and Jamie Allen, OCIII, Amsterdam.
- 14:01:16 Talk: Subtraction and Differentiation, Stroom, Den Haag.
- 10:01:16 Performance: Will Schrimshaw and Jamie Allen, Quartair, Den Haag.
- 10:01:16 Talk: Noise as Pure Potential, Stroom, Den Haag.
- 16:05:14 Talk: “Writing-down Sound”, Goldsmiths, London, UK.
- 20:11:13 - 04:12:13 Ur-writings, Group Exhibition: Pitch Drop, Science Friction, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- 01:11:13 - 02:11:13 Talk: Tuning Speculation, York University, Toronto, Canada.
- 20:10:13 Talk: Wasteland Twinning Conversations, Nottingham Contemporary, Nottingham, UK.
- 10:10:13 - 03:11:13 Exhibition: Vauxhall/Kirkdale Palimpsest, FACT, Liverpool, UK.
- 19:09:13 - 20:09:13 Talk: Utopography, Baltic 39, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.
- 27:06:13 - 30:06:13 Group Exhibition: Tuned City, Brussels, Belgium.
- 25:05:13 - 26:05:13 Acoustic Subtraction, Falmouth, UK.
- 25:03:13 - 28:03:13 Workshop: The Tone of Prime Unity, Q-02, Tuned City & Sint-Lukas Transmedia, Brussels.
- 23:11:12 Talk: There’s No I in Immanence, Bridging Sound, University of Sussex, UK.
- 18:09:11 Acoustic Subtraction, Eyüp Sultan Mosque, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 09:09:11 - 11:09:11 Invisible Architectures, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.
- 30:07:11 Acoustic Subtraction, Suncheon Wild Tea House, Suncheon, South Korea.
- 26:07:11 Acoustic Subtraction, Platoon Kunsthalle, Seoul, South Korea.
- 15:06:11 - 24:07:11 Residency: Kulturetage, Oldenburg, Germany.
- 27:06:11 - 02:07:11 Workshop: Bonn Hoeren, Bonn, Germany.
- 05:05:11 Talk: 3° of Separation, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.
- 13:02:11 - 14:02:11 Acoustic Subtraction : WORM/detour, Vienna, Austria.
- 01:02:11 - 01:05:11 Residency: Xsite Architecture, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.
- 28:01:11 - 05:03:11 Solo Exhibition: Spectral Influence, Access Space, Sheffield, UK.
- 10:01:11 - 29:01:11 Residency: Access Space, Sheffield, UK.
- 11:10:10 - 20:12:10 Residency: Folly / Lanternhouse : Invisible Cartographies, South Lakes, UK.
- 05:03:10 - 14:03:10 Solo Exhibition: Space Against Itself, AV Festival 10, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.
- 08:03:10 - 14:03:10 Group Residency: Resonator, The Stephenson Works, Newcaslte upon Tyne, UK.
- 24:10:09 Performance : Space Studios, London, UK.
- 13:10:09 Talk : Xsite Architecture, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.
- 10:06:09 - 27:09:09 Group Exhibition: Tabakalera, Donostia – San Sebastian, Spain.
- 13:05:09 - 15:05:09 Group Exhibition / Performance : FutureSonic 09, Manchester, UK.
- 02:04:09 - 05:04:09 Performance : PixelAche, Helsinki, Finland.
- 05:03:09 - 07:03:09 Group Exhibition : Clicks or Mortar?, Tyneside Cinema, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.
- 23:01:09 - 31:01:09 Workshop : xxxxx/Temporary Structure, Club Transmediale, Berlin, Germany.
- 01:07:08 - 05:07:08 Group Exhibition / Performance : Tuned City, Berlin, Germany.